- This event has passed.
25 February @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
What Is Ecstatic Dance?
- Ecstatic dance is a type of dance which unlike other traditional, well established forms of dancing has no set moves or choreographed steps. Instead participants are encouraged to let go, to move freely – in unstructured, untethered movements. In doing so dancers can express themselves freely.
- When we allow our body to move freely, free of judgement in a safe space – this allows the release of pent-up emotions, and tension which gives the dancer a sense of euphoria.
- Many dancers come feeling tense after a heavy week, and state they leave feeling relaxed and calm.
- The dance space is held carefully, locked, no alcohol or other substances, no mobile phones, no talking on the dance floor. Dancers are encouraged to dance in a way that feels safe and comfortable for them, whilst respecting the space and boundaries of others.
- There are many therapeutic benefits, it’s sociable, and can help to grow connection and a sense of community in what can feel like a very disconnected modern world.
In conclusion, ecstatic dance is a wonderful activity which promotes self-expression, in doing so helps stress release, helps us connect, whilst enabling us to maintain our boundaries, practice our nos in a safe space. This dance also helps to create a sense of community and therefore is gaining popularity.
Bath, BANES BA2 4PA United Kingdom + Google Map View Venue Website