Orange Grove

Created in the early eighteenth century as a social walking area, Orange Grove is now a well-kept floral roundabout, enjoying wonderful views of Bath Abbey.

Orange Grove features a central obelisk, which was erected by Beau Nash to commemorate the Prince of Orange’s visit to the city to take the waters in 1734. It was after this visit that the name Orange Grove was adopted.

Since World War II, the garden has been dedicated to the link between the cities of Bath and Alkmaar in the Netherlands, one of Bath’s twin cities.