A festival to ignite ideas
A brand NEW festival for Bath running from 7th – 28th March 2024. The Curious Minds festival features over 30 book talks, live performances, film screenings, writing workshops and walking tours. Taking place across a range of venues with events designed to entertain, inform, connect and challenge. There will be plenty to feed your Curious Mind!
Festival highlights include:
- insights from the BBC’s International Editor, Jeremy Bowen, on the current situation in The Middle East
- Polari Salon, London’s award winning LGBTQ+ evening celebrating queer prose and performance
- The Curious Minds 2024 Conversation: Peter Frankopan and Adam Rutherford discuss humankind’s efforts to make sense of the natural world
- a guided walk and writing session using Cleveland Pools and The Holburne Museum as inspirations with writer Jo Nadin
- comedian Robin Ince takes us on an adventure in scientific curiosity
- a brand new walk curated for this festival, 50 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Bath with Fred Mawer Tours.
- Bryony Gordon, the pioneering author and campaigner who will talk about her new book Mad Woman.
- Screenings of Whoopi Goldberg’s film The Associate, followed by a discussion with the author of How Film and TV can Solve Racism and Solve the World, Ellen J Jones; and Lorna Tucker’s Someone’s Daughter, Someone’s Son, a new documentary exploring homelessness, followed by a discussion with Julian House.
- an evening of jazz and conversation with writer, Varaidzo and award winning jazz musician, Orphy Robinson to launch the Bath based book Manny and the Baby
- a writing day at Persephone Books with Harriet Evans and Juliet Pickering