On Sunday 14th February, we are celebrating ShopAppy‘s Love Local Day. Over the past year, businesses have been there for the community more than ever, offering locals a lifeline with home deliveries and online events to tackle the lockdown blues. It’s never been more important to support Bath’s businesses – here are five ways to get involved with Love Local Day by giving your favourite businesses some lockdown love…
1. Order a takeaway. Although you can’t currently dine out in Bath, you can enjoy a taste of the city’s foodie scene with a tasty takeaway delivery.
2. Stock up on essentials. Many of Bath’s shops, restaurants and cafés are currently offering grocery delivery services – perfect for ensuring your fridge is filled with delicious produce without stepping out of your front door.
3. Shop online. Bath has an assortment of unique shops offering beautiful items that can’t be found elsewhere. Although you can’t currently head into the city centre to make your purchases, you can buy from Bath’s indies online.
4. Buy a Bath Gift Card. If you’re looking for the perfect present, look no further than the Bath Gift Card. It is accepted at over 200 businesses in the city, so your loved ones can treat themselves to something special, and offers a great way to invest in local businesses during lockdown.
5. Spread the love. A great way to show your appreciation for Bath’s businesses is with a social media shout-out. Tell all your friends you love local on Sunday 14th February, using the hashtag #LoveLocalDay.