The DoubleTree by Hilton is currently recruiting for a Deputy Head Housekeeper to join their truly talented team.
Reporting directly to the Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel and assisting the Head Housekeeper with the running of the day-to-day housekeeping operation ensuring that all duties are allocated and covered and all rooms are checked to the highest standard. You will ensure that our guests are receiving an excellent guest experience.
What they offer
£28,000 per annum
Permanent, full-time contract (40hrs per week) flexible shifts including weekends
Responsibilities of a Deputy Head Housekeeper will include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of the housekeeping and company brand standards
- Taking the lead in ensuring guests receive the best experience
- Take responsibility for keeping their standards for bedrooms and public areas high, through SOPs, relevant training and regular daily checks
- Get actively involved in the team’s development
- Work closely with other teams (Front Office, Maintenance and F&B)
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in seeking feedback and evaluating service levels
- Implementing and developing strategies to improve where necessary
- The ideal person for this role will be enthusiastic about change, focused on details and trusting
The core skills and experience required to succeed
- An eagle eye for detail
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience, ideally as a Housekeeping Supervisor or a Deputy Head Housekeeper
- A commitment to delivering high levels of guest service and cleanliness
- A positive attitude and a passion for hospitality
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Ability to demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and will ensure completion to achieve the required results
- Proven track record of achieving outstanding levels of personal and departmental targets to meet and exceed expectations whilst delivering outstanding attention to detail and precision
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- To be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates before commencing employment.
Having these core skills will put you one step further to joining Axiom Hospitality and the DoubleTree by Hilton Bath
- Worldwide employee discounts at Hilton Hotels through Go Hilton program
- Hotel discounts across all Axiom Hospitality Hotels – colleague rates and up to 50% discount on F&B
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays, increasing yearly to 33 days
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events and more through their benefits & rewards portal
- Access to their Employee Assistance Line to support Mental Health and Wellbeing
- The use of Wagestream Financial Wellbeing platform allows instant access to your pay
- Yearly complimentary Axiom Xcape stayover after one year of service
- A growing team with great training, progression and promotion opportunities
- Rewards for referring a friend: referral bonus for recommending a new team member starts at £250 per successful hire
- Free meals while on shift
- Length of service awards, ranging from 1 year to 3,5, 10 and 20-year rewards and more!
- They are looking for someone who holds and enjoys maintaining high standards, with keen attention to detail. Applicants must be willing and capable of supporting with the accountability and ownership of the housekeeping operation
Opportunities for all
At Axiom Hospitality they thrive on differences and believe it is critical to their success as a fast-growing hospitality company with global aspirations. They are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. They, therefore, encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages, and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
At Axiom Hospitality, they are making efforts to reduce their carbon, energy, water and waste footprint. They strive to be ethical in all they do and want to be a thriving, sustainable and responsible business for their people, their communities and their planet. Working closely with their Hotel Owners, they are committed to the journey to sustainability. They are working to reduce their hotels’ impact on the environment through internationally recognised eco-label certification.
The hotels strive to be active members of their local communities by giving back where they can. Supporting local charities is important to their teams, from volunteering at soup kitchens to collecting donations and fundraising. Their hotels aim to leave a positive impact on their neighbourhoods. At Axiom Hospitality they are working closely with their stakeholders to support their social impact commitment. Caring about people extends outside their business and is part of their DNA.