WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED DOCUMENT CONTROLLER TO JOIN US!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Document Controller to join us and work with our architectural design teams, BIM team and Group Coordinators to provide document control, co-ordination and administrative support.
You will be comfortable working across multiple projects and supporting our project teams to ensure deadlines and expectations are met. You will also control project documentation in compliance with FCB quality procedures so you will bring an excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a great chance for an experienced Document Controller to join our award winning architectural practice and be based in any of our 4 locations – Bath, London, Manchester or Belfast.
Areas of responsibility
– To ensure the timely, accurate and efficient registration of incoming and outgoing documents, including drawings, reports, specifications, schedules, RFI’s and other submittals
– To accurately file, distribute and track documents for review and comment
– To ensure preservation of all drawing and document revisions
– To retrieve project documentation as requested by project teams, clients, and other external project team members
– To assist in the organisation and co-ordination of drawings and documents in preparation for issuance
– To QA check drawings and documents for inconsistencies, ensuring requirements are met prior to issuance
– To issue drawings, reports, specifications and schedules to clients, design team members, suppliers, and contractors via the FCB document management system (Newforma Info Exchange)
– To upload and download drawings and documents from project extranet sites (CDE’s)
– To liaise with external document controllers to resolve any issues relating to project extranet sites (CDE’s)
– To prepare, review, and regularly update project document control guides including extranet site (CDE) login details, workflows, troubleshooting mechanisms and key contacts
– To promote FCB quality procedures, filing and document management system (Newforma)
– To work closely with the Lead Group Coordinator to improve document control procedures and develop best practice templates for future use
– 2 years’ relevant experience
– Knowledge of design and construction industry considered advantageous
– Knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and Common Data Environments (CDE’s)
– Excellent attention to detail
– Strong organisational skills (naturally methodical and accurate)
– A passion to improve and progress the automation of document management procedures
– Meticulous and calm under pressure
– Able to work to tight deadlines
– Good at prioritising and managing own workload
– Excellent Microsoft Office skills
– Good written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills
– Enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently
– Familiarity with project management considered advantageous
– Knowledge of quality standards considered advantageous
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Location: Bath, London, Manchester or Belfast. A minimum of 3 days in the office.
Salary: Dependent on location
If you are curious to find out more, please submit your application today. A full job description and list of company benefits are available on request.
WHY FEILDEN CLEGG BRADLEY STUDIOS?
We are a progressive and ethical architectural practice. We design with empathy for the human condition, with science for sustainable outcomes, and with art for crafting beautiful place. The range of our architectural work is extremely broad and includes housing, universities, creative reuse and schools.
With over 40 years of practice, we now have four offices around the UK. We remain committed to the social and cultural values which underpin our design approach. Our studios are an open and social environment and inspiring places to work, with breaktimes focused on growing strong social bonds. We offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where professional and personal development is encouraged.
We offer free lunches, fresh fruit, Employee Assistance Programme, dedicated Mental Health First Aiders along with a host of other benefits. FCBStudios is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive; only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.