Robun is a tribute to Japanese author Kanagaki Robun and his 1872 book Seiyō Ryōritsū, which introduced Western barbecue to Japan. Their modern-day interpretation of ‘Yakiniku’ specialises in sharing plates of beautiful robata grilled meats, seafood and vegetables fused with elements from across Asia, paired with cocktails, wines and an extensive choice of Japanese whiskeys. To help you get to know Bath’s newest Japanese-inspired restaurant, the team have put together five fascinating facts about Robun…
1. Robun has a private dining room and cocktail bar that seats 40 and is the perfect place for private celebrations and events. They will assist you in designing a fun, stress-free, and bespoke event; honouring birthdays, anniversaries, and special events with thought and exceptional service.
2. Robun’s afternoon tea features a unique tea ceremony where you can choose from a wide selection of Japanese tea! The service brings together elements from their menu and fine Japanese teas, perfect for an elegant afternoon with friends.
3. Their tasting menu, available for up to six people, showcases the very best that Robun has to offer: from their mouth-watering Wagyu Ribeye with three sauces to their Omakase Sashimi and Sushi set.
4. Robun has had a phenomenal reception from diners and critics alike, with the Bath Magazine and Bath Life both citing the restaurant as offering an amazing gastronomical experience.
5. Fancy staying over? Above the restaurant, there is a luxury four-bedroom maisonette which you and your friends can rent out – perfect for a fun-filled weekend in Bath.
Robun is the place to relax, unwind and enjoy sharing plates with friends and family. It will definitely leave you wanting more!