Although Valentine’s Day will be a little different this year, you can still celebrate from home. Many of Bath’s foodie businesses are offering Valentine’s specials, so you and your loved one can treat yourself in lockdown…
1. Plate at The Bird, Bath are offering three-course hamper packages. Tuck into finest cuts of meat, fish and hand-crafted delights. Nibble on charcuterie and freshly baked bread, followed by pappardelle and ragu. Book ahead via The Bird, Bath’s website for collection from 5pm to 8pm on Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th February.
2. Indulge in a six-plate vegetable feast for two from OAK Restaurant. Enjoy six delicious small plates made by their chefs to be finished at home with full instructions on warming and presentation. Those who want to treat their partner even more can add a sustainable bouquet from Nice Bunch, artisan truffles from Harth Chocolate, or a nice bottle of wine to their order. Book ahead on OAK’s website for collection between 5pm and 6pm on 14th February.
3. Enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day feast courtesy of the Real Italian Pizza Company. Tuck into a sharing antipasto platter with garlic dough balls, two main courses of your choice, a fondue platter full of delicious sweet treats and a bottle of Prosecco, all for £69.95. You can pre-order your meal by calling 01225 330121 or emailing email@example.com. Book early to avoid disappointment, as there are limited spaces available.
4. The Walcot‘s Valentine’s Day Recipe Box contains a romantic three-course feast of smoked salmon, beef Wellington and chocolate and salted caramel mousse. Order online for collection or delivery.
5. Henry’s Restaurant are offering a special three-course Henry’s at Home Valentine’s Menu. Meat-eaters can enjoy beetroot gravlax and beef cheek Wellington, with blue cheese royale and butternut squash, spinach and pine nut Wellington for vegetarians. Book online to pick up at the restaurant on Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th February.
6. Pre-order a three-course set menu for two at Cappadocia Mediterranean. Enjoy three courses and a soft drink for £25 per person, with tasty options including dolma, stuffed pastries, spicy sausage, seabass, steak and stuffed aubergine. To order, call Cappadocia Mediterranean on 01225 461946 or message them on Instagram.
7. Franco Manca are getting into the romantic spirit with their Valentine’s sharing menu. Enjoy two courses including a delicious pizza for £20, or upgrade to three courses for £24. Franco Manca’s Valentine’s sharing menu is available on 14th and 15th February via Uber Eats and Deliveroo.
8. Dine with your partner and save with Absurd Bird‘s February Love Bundles. You and your loved one can tuck into fried chicken burgers, fries, wings and drinks for just £29.90. Absurd Bird’s February Love Bundles are available via Uber Eats.
9. From 8th to 14th February, Gourmet Burger Kitchen are offering two burgers plus two sides for just £25. Add two GBK cocktails for an extra £10, or a bottle of Prosecco for £15. Order via their app, or on Deliveroo, Uber Eats or Just Eat.
10. Treat your loved one to a tasty afternoon tea from Sweet Little Things. Book ahead via their website to have their special edition Valentine’s Day afternoon tea delivered to your door. There are limited slots available, so book now to avoid disappointment.
11. Enjoy a slice of foodie heaven with The Fine Cheese Company’s Valentine’s selection boxes. Packed with tempting cheeses, crackers, smoked salmon and Champagne, it’s a delicious way to show your love. Order a Valentine’s selection box on The Fine Cheese Company’s website.
12. Mrs. Potts Chocolate House have created a delicious Valentine’s menu featuring craquelin puffs, raspberry white hot chocolate, raspberry white chocolate truffles, and heart-shaped sugar cookies. Get your hands on their limited-edition sweet treats in-store or via Deliveroo until 14th February.
13. Creams Café are celebrating the month of love with two limited-edition Valentine’s desserts, which are available until 16th February – Red Velvet Hugs Cookie Dough, and Red Velvet Kisses Milkshake. Order via Deliveroo or Uber Eats.
14. Fudge Kitchen have a range of Valentine’s gift boxes available to purchase via their website. Plus, you can try their new flavour, Chocolate Rose – the perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
15. Try Krispy Kreme’s new range of Love Hearts-inspired doughnuts. Just like Love Hearts, the heart-shaped doughnuts each feature a romantic message. The doughnuts are now available in-store.
16. Ben’s Cookies have released their limited-edition Rose Cookie for Valentine’s Day. Made using ruby chocolate and named after a long-standing member of staff, the Rose Cookie is available to order online.
17. Fall in love with San Francisco Fudge Factory‘s limited-edition Valentine’s fudge. Their creamy vanilla fudge with strawberry-flavoured Belgian white chocolate in the middle, topped with heart-shaped gummies is available on their website now.