You may be surprised to find that Bath and North East Somerset is home to some amazing businesses; often global leaders in their field. Launched on 1st October 2020, Bath Unlimited aims to showcase some of these organisations, both to boost economic confidence locally, and to promote Bath as a location for inward investment.
Bath Unlimited is an initiative supported by the Economic Recovery and Renewal Board established by Bath & North East Somerset Council. There are currently 24 businesses profiled on Bath Unlimited, with the latest being Network N, a fast-growing media business that reaches over 60 million unique users per month.
But Network N is not the only world-class business in Bath – here are some surprising facts about some of Bath Unlimited’s impressive businesses…
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club’s new 62,000 capacity stadium, Building Magazine’s Building of the Year, was designed in Bath by Buro Happold.
- In the BBC’s hit series Planet Earth II, Sir David Attenborough hailed Singapore’s Supertrees, designed by Grant Associates, as ‘perhaps the most spectacular example of city greening’ in the world, while praising the city state’s efforts to promote the co-existence of humans and nature in urban environments.
- Rotork appears in the top 20 of Britain’s Most Admired Companies.
- The University of Bath is third for graduate prospects in the 2021 Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide.
- Country Life, FourFourTwo, Horse & Hound, Marie Claire, Livingetc, Total Film, TV Times and Woman’s Weekly are just some of famous magazines published by Future.
- Pure Planet is the Sunday Times/Best Companies Best Company to Work For in the South West in 2020, and the second best small company to work for anywhere in the UK.
- Inspecs is a global, Queen’s Enterprise award-winning fashion eyewear company that makes eyewear for big names like Superdry and O’Neill.
- Rocketmakers is helping Team INEOS, British Cycling, and developing the medical records system for the UK’s Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
- FCB Studio has won more RIBA awards in the UK than any other architectural practice.
- The world’s most advanced underwater life-support capability for global military divers, which is capable of supporting an individual for four-to-six hours at extreme work depths, is manufactured by Avon Rubber.
- Format Engineers devote a defined proportion of their income every year to pure research and to growing links with academia, ensuring that they keep a focus on their aim of continual challenge to the norms in the construction industry.
- Truespeed delivers some of the fastest broadband speeds in the world.
- Horstman Group is the premier global supplier of high-performance hydro-pneumatic and hydraulic rotary suspension systems for military tracked and wheeled armoured vehicles.
- The world’s largest life science data provider, CiteAb, was co-founded by Storm.
- The largest warship ever constructed for the Royal Navy, the Queen Elizabeth-class carrier, was designed by BMT.
- Lovehoney is the UK’s number one online retailer for innovative sex toys and sexual wellbeing products.
- Shakeup sells one BB cream every eight minutes to the Chinese market.
Over the coming months, Bath Unlimited will be launching a podcast series on the coolest jobs in Bath, as well as LinkedIn live interviews with CEOs of Bath Unlimited companies.