The Bath BID Company is committed to protecting your personal information.
2. The Information We Collect
We only gather the personal information we need for business purposes in order to provide you with the services you have requested or to comply with our statutory obligations, when you visit our website and where you consent to receive marketing communication. We typically collect:
- Your name and email address
- Contact telephone numbers for you
- Your full application form information eg for Membership or voluntary levy application
- Your communication preferences
3. How We Use the Information
Your personal information will be used in a number of ways to carry out our business. We will never share, trade or distribute any of the information you provide to us, without your prior consent unless required to do so by law.
3.1 We Use the Information Where We Need To:
- Provide a service or carry out a contract with you
- Send you marketing communications in line with your preferences and consent
- Contact you with important information that we think is relevant to you
3.2 Where we Have Justifiable Reason (including Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interest) To:
- Amend and/or expand the information listed about you on our website
- Allow you to participate and interact on the secure pages of our website eg the Members’ Area
- Keep our database accurate and relevant
- In some circumstances, share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation
3.3 We May Share your Details with Selected Third Parties, Including:
- Service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Named third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services and/or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure
- Your information may be shared with us by third party organisations, for example other event partners or city stakeholders we work with. These organisations will only do so when it is required to complete a contract and/or when you have indicated your consent.
4. Technical Information
When you visit our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Automatically populated internet protocol (IP) address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
5. How We Protect Your Information
Data transmission over the internet is not 100% secure but we adopt robust and appropriate technologies so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use eg your Member account is encrypted and our own network is protected. We have strict internal procedures which cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
6. Your Choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you and the right to have incomplete information we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement.
Right to Erasure
At any time you have the right to ask us to amend or stop how we use your personal information, including for marketing purposes.
Right to Data Portability
You can request full details of personal information we hold about you under The General Data Protection Regulation. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity.
You can do this by contacting the Data Protection Officer by telephone, email, or writing using our contact details. See 9. How to Contact The Bath BID Company.
7. How Long We Retain your Data For
Where you have contracted with us for our services, we will retain your data as long as is required to comply with or regulatory and statutory obligations to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with any service we have provided to you.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (eg name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere to such requests.
Updates to this policy relating to changes at The Bath BID Company or to reflect changes to regulation or legislation will be posted on this page. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
9. How to Contact The Bath BID Company
The Bath Business Improvement District (Bath BID Company) is a not for profit organisation limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company No: 6642936). The Bath BID Company is the data controller of your personal information.
The Bath BID Company
If you have any questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: +44 (0)1225 430640
By Post: Data Protection Officer based at the registered office above.