With Father’s Day coming up on 20th June, you may be thinking about how to say a big thank you to the father figure in your life. Here are some wonderful ways to celebrate Father’s Day and support Bath’s businesses at the same time…
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
1. Perfect for Dads who love to try something new, Original Wild’s Try Stand-Up Paddleboarding session on 18th June offers a memorable Father’s Day experience.
2. If Dad is a foodie, he will love Savouring Bath’s Culinary Comforts Tour on 19th June. Dad will enjoy a carefully curated selection of local culinary delights, and learn about the city’s food and drink artisans.
3. Treat Dad to an evening of entertainment on 19th June at Komedia Bath’s Krater Comedy Club, featuring three top stand-ups and one of the best comperes in the business.
4. On 20th June, live music comes back to Komedia Bath with a bang, a cheer, and a swig of cider, as scrumpy and western favourites Skimmity Hitchers return to Bath for an afternoon of socially distanced revelry.
5. Take Dad on a Regency Bath Walking Tour with Curious Strolls Bath. Discover what a typical day was like for an eighteenth-century visitor to Bath, and find out about Bath’s most famous and infamous eighteenth- and nineteenth-century characters.
6. Bath’s most chilled out summer venue is back. Treat Dad to refreshing summer cocktails, wood-fired pizza, and a spot of table tennis, pétanque, or adventure golf, at Bath on the Beach.
7. For a unique and memorable activity, book Dad a glassblowing experience or stained glass course with Bath Aqua Glass. Their Father’s Day gift ideas also include stunning handmade glass accessories.
8. Whether you’re celebrating Father’s Day together this year or are looking for a thoughtful gift to deliver direct to Dad, Paxton & Whitfield have a delicious selection of cheese gifts to choose from.
9. Perfect for dads with a sweet tooth, Roly’s Fudge Kitchen is offering a selection of seasonal specials, including their Father’s Day Favourites Box, featuring sea salt fudge and chocolate fudge, and their Father’s Day Boozy Fudge Box, with real ale fudge and rum ‘n’ raisin fudge.
10. Send Dad a special gift from San Francisco Fudge Factory. Choose his favourite two flavours of handmade fudge to go alongside your choice of sea salted caramel truffles, chocolate sea shells, florentines, or cocoa dusted truffles.
11. Treat Dad to Le Vignoble‘s Father’s Day Hamper, featuring a bottle of Rioja, beers from Padstow Brewing, saucisson sec and two delicious cheeses.
12. Order a Father’s Day Gift Box from Thoughtful Bakery, which includes smoked cheddar cheese, Bath Ales Gem beer, seedy crackers, caramelised onion marmalade, cheddar scones, sweet and spicy nutes, Guinness cake, and chocolate truffles.
13. Wine-lovers will appreciate a bottle or case from Beckford Bottle Shop. Beckford Bottle Shop proudly serve the Bath community with free contactless door-to-door delivery, well-priced bottles, and exceptional service.
14. Amathus have an extensive selection of Father’s Day gifts, including wines, whiskeys, spirits, liqueurs, beers and ciders. For a personal recommendation, head to their store in Green Street.
15. If Dad is a fan of whisky, he’ll love a gift from The Whisky Shop. Their gift ideas include a range of gift sets ready to wrap, with glasses and accessories included.
16. Abbey Ales are offering 20% off all boxes of beer, by using the code CHEERSDAD at checkout.
17. Book your table at Cafe Rouge for Father’s Day and Dad will enjoy a free drink when ordering a main from the a la carte or set menu. Download your free voucher here.
18. The Coconut Tree are inviting you to book a Father’s Day meal anytime from 12pm to 9pm, and your father figure can choose any three dishes from their menu on them.
20. Dad will love a gift from the award-winning independent menswear store Suave Owl. Choose from hip flasks, wallets, pocket watches, cufflinks, or even a stunning tweed suit, or opt for a Gift Card and let Dad choose his perfect gift.
21. The family-run British Shoe Company manufactures and supplies top-quality shoes. Plus, if you purchase a pair of full-price shoes costing over £150, you will receive an exclusive discount off your next full-price purchase and a free standard shoe repair.
22. Perfect for footwear fans, Loake Shoemakers offer high-quality, handmade English shoes, perfect for the discerning gentleman.
23. For something really special, treat Dad to a new timepiece from family-run Mallory Jeweller‘s stunning watch collection.
24. Head to SouthGate Bath for fashion-forward gifts from Urban Outfitters and Hollister, or opt for something more classic from Tommy Hilfiger. Perfect for outdoor adventurers, You’ll find a variety of specialist outdoor and hiking-wear, from waterproofs to backpacks at The North Face.
25. Share a token of your gratitude with Molton Brown’s edit of luxury gifts for Dad. Discover their sophisticated grooming kits, signature fragrances, and flight-friendly travel sets, each elegantly presented in a complimentary gift box.
26. Lush have put together a selection of their favourite Father’s Day gifts – all thoughtfully handmade and wonderfully unique – to honour the old man for always being there.
27. Penhaligon’s offer a wonderful selection of fragrances for the dapper gentleman, with luxurious gift sets for those who want to splash out on something really special.
28. Spoil the father figure in your life with a bottle of cologne, aftershave, or a gift set from The Perfume Shop’s Father’s Day selection.
29. The Body Shop’s Father’s Day gift edit is full of special gifts for special men, including body care products and fragrances.
30. Make for Boots in SouthGate Bath for designer fragrances and grooming gifts. Head into store to try the latest ranges and chat to the team for advice on a variety of scents, from Paco Rabanne and Hugo Boss to Jean Paul Gaultier or Emporio Armani.
FOR FITNESS FANATICS
31. Help Dad keep track of just how active he has been with a new smart watch from the Apple Store in SouthGate Bath, to monitor daily steps, sleep quality, calories burned and more.
32. For the avid runner, gym-goer or weightlifter, you can find gymwear including tops and shorts from JD Sports in SouthGate Bath to help Dad keep fit in style.
33. If Dad has a Peloton bike at home, be sure to check out its brand-new showroom in SouthGate Bath, with lots of accessories and apparel to browse.
A SPECIAL STAY
34. If you’re looking for something truly special, a luxurious stay in the city is a great option. Book Dad into a suite at the Gainsborough Bath Spa, treat him to a city staycation at The Bird Bath, whisk him away to The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa, or allow him to discover the unique and quirky No.15 Great Pulteney.
35. The Bath Gift Card is the perfect present for difficult-to-buy-for dads. It is accepted at over 200 businesses in the city, so Dad can pick his ideal gift. It is also valid for 12 months, making for a great flexible present.