Here’s our guide to all of the things you need to know before you head into Bath, to help you make the most of your visit.
Throughout the year, the Bath BID’s friendly team of volunteer Welcome Ambassadors are on hand to answer questions and offer advice to people visiting the city centre. These volunteers are the friendly faces of Bath, offering everybody a warm and informed welcome to the city centre. Look out for them as you wander around the city; they will be dressed in bright blue Welcome to Bath jackets. If you are looking for advice or recommendations, the team will be happy to help.
Bath’s Clean Air Zone came into effect from Monday 15th March, with some vehicles now needing to pay a daily charge to drive in the city centre if they do not meet the required emission standards. Please note, charges do not apply to private cars and motorbikes, even if you use them for work (excluding taxis and private hire vehicles).
You can find out more about the Clean Air Zone on the Bath & North East Somerset Council website.
There are several car parks in Bath city centre, as well as the Park and Ride bus services.
You can find full details on each car park’s facilities and pricing on the B&NES Council website.
City Centre Car Parks
- Bath Sports and Leisure Centre – BA24ET (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Bath Cricket Club – BA2 4EX (24 hours a day and you can stay multiple days)
- Broad Street – BA1 5LW (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Cattle Market – BA1 5BD (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Claverton Street – BA2 4JP (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Kingsmead Square – BA12AA (Free parking after 8pm)
- Avon Street – BA1 1UF (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Charlotte Street – BA1 2NE (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- Manvers Street – BA1 1JZ (Free parking after 8pm until 8am)
- SouthGate Shopping Centre Car Park – BA1 1TP (From 6pm–12am, it costs just £2 to park)
- Bath Waterside Car Park – BA2 4JP (£6 for up to 24 hours)
- Podium Car Park – BA1 5AL (open with on-site security 24/7.) There are 10 x Pod Point EV Charging bays..
Park and Ride
- Lansdown – BA1 9BJ – Located North of Bath with services to Bath City Centre (Milsom Street)
- Newbridge – BA1 3NB – Located West of Bath with services to Bath City Centre (Westgate Buildings)
- Odd Down – BA2 8PA – Located South of Bath with services to Bath City Centre (SouthGate) and Royal United Hospital
You can find full details including timetables on the Travelwest website.
All car parks, except Cattle Market and Claverton Street, offer disabled car parking spaces.
If you are a Blue Badge holder, you can find details of where you can use your badge and any charges that may apply on the B&NES Council website.
Planning your next trip to Bath? To help you get around the city and pinpoint the places you’d like to discover, you can download our Map of Bath. Alternatively, you can pick up a map from our Welcome Ambassadors while you’re in the city; look out for their bright blue Welcome to Bath jackets as you stroll around the city centre.
There is nothing worse than needing the toilet but not knowing where to go. You can browse public toilets that are currently open in Bath on our handy interactive map.
We would suggest that you pre-book and plan your visit in advance. From making dinner reservations to booking a time slot at the Roman Baths, be sure to do this all in advance to avoid disappointment.