Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Heritage Services department manages some of the most impressive buildings in Bath, including the Roman Baths and Pump Room, and the Victoria Art Gallery.
The Operations Team performs an essential role in preparing these sites before they open to the public, keeping them safe and running smoothly during the day, and setting up for functions in the evening. This role involves a wide range of duties that include general cleaning, washroom replenishment, security, patrolling and porterage duties.
There will be a range of hours, covering both day shifts and nights.
Applicants must be well presented and confident when working in a busy public environment. The ability to carry out work involving manual handling is essential and training in this and other key tasks is provided.
The film on ‘24 Hours in Heritage Services’ gives a flavour of what it is like to work in the department: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHp5i-_z9BI&feature=emb_title
Why B&NES Council?
We offer a wide range of benefits, to ensure that you are paid fairly for your work, have the flexibility to enjoy a great work/life balance, and have the support you need. These include:
• A competitive salary package
• A generous holiday allowance and special leave provisions
• The Local Government Pension Scheme
• A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme – whatever life throws at you; we are committed to supporting you and your well-being at work and home
• Professional and personal development including in-house training and accredited qualifications including Aspiring Manager and Leadership Development
• Discount scheme including the VECTIS card that offers numerous local discounts including cycle to work and free entry to numerous local attractions with B&NES
Interested in finding out more?
If you are interested in this post and require more details after reading the job description or just to chat through the role and what’s involved, please contact Charlie Grant via email on Charlie_grant@bathnes.gov.uk.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Council’s jobs website.