Now is a great time to plan a grab-and-go lunch in Bath. Whether you are heading to one of the city’s wonderful parks or dining al desko, here’s our round-up of some of the best places to go for a delicious takeaway lunch in Bath…
CAFÉS AND BAKERIES
- Grab your reusable coffee cup and order a click and collect lunch from Boston Tea Party in Alfred Street or Kingsmead Square. Choose from toasties, burgers and salads, or opt for a full English brunch.
- Head to Café Lucca to pick up seasonal salads, gourmet paninis, homemade quiche, a wonderful selection of cakes, and freshly ground coffee.
- For filled baguettes, toasted paninis, Cornish pasties, sausage rolls, and, of course, plenty of cake, make for Cake Café in Quiet Street.
- Pop into Chandos Deli in George Street for a tasty selection of baguettes, salads, pastries and coffees.
- Cortado Bath serves freshly made lunch options including quiche, bagels and salad bowls. Don’t miss their speciality, Argentinian empanadas, which are available in a variety of tasty flavours.
- Offering delicious English breakfasts, a selection of brunch options, bagels and brioches, alongside a tempting selection of seasonal sweet treats, Good Day Café is sure to leave you in a great mood for the rest of the day.
- Grab paninis, wraps and salads from Kekolo Coffee. You can also treat yourself to a decadent hot chocolate, with a variety of flavours available, complete with lashings of toppings.
- For tempting sandwiches, salads, pastries and cakes, head to Mokoko Coffee & Bakery in Abbey Churchyard or SouthGate.
- Nata & Co is a Portuguese bakery, offering breads that will fill your belly and warm your heart. Treat yourself to delicious sandwiches and Portuguese pastries.
- Head to Picnic Coffee in Saracen Street for a delicious selection of sandwiches, waffles, soups and sweet treats, alongside speciality coffee and loose leaf tea.
- Rosarios is a traditional Italian café run by Rosario Bavetta, who aims to bring a bit of Sicily to the West Country. Their lunch menu includes paninis, salads, homemade soup and sandwiches.
- Enjoy a tasty selection of handmade lunch options at SOHO Coffee Co., including loaded spuds, toasties, sandwiches, baguettes, wraps, salads, and an assortment of cakes and pastries.
- For a delicious brunch, sandwich, burger or fish and chips, made from local produce and organic ingredients, head to Wild Café in Queen Street.
- Head to Green Park Station to pick up award-winning pizza from Bath Pizza Co. All of their pizzas are freshly made to order, with ingredients from local food producers and farmers.
- The Bath Stable serves up seriously good pizza, including Holy Cow, topped with marinated rump steak, the vegan Killer Katsu, with breaded vegan chicken and a katsu curry sauce base, and the vegetarian Feta Late Than Never.
- At family-run Dough Pizza, it’s all about the base, with eight different doughs to choose from. Call ahead and collect from one of their two restaurants in Bath, and enjoy first-rate pizza made from the best Italian ingredients.
- Franco Manca have been pioneering sourdough pizza in the UK since 2008. Order ahead and pick up a delicious freshly made lunch from their restaurant in Brunel Square.
- The Oven is an independent, award-winning artisan pizzeria, specialising in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Their wood-fired pizzas even earned their head chef Fabrizzio Mancinetti the 2016 Pizza Chef of the Year award.
- Click and collect a delicious lunch from PizzaExpress, with branches in Barton Street and Southgate Place.
- For pizzas, pastas, grills and salads, click and collect lunch from Prezzo in Brunel Square.
- For authentic pizzas traditionally baked in a wood-fired oven, head to the family-run Real Italian Pizza Company in York Street.
- Click and collect tasty rustica pizza, pasta and salads from Zizzi in Saw Close.
- Pick up a burger and fries from Five Guys. With over 250,000 possible burger, hot dog and sandwich topping combinations, and 1,000 different shake mix-in combinations, you won’t be short on choice.
- For a lunchtime feast, order and collect from Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Brunel Square. Enjoy handcrafted burgers, a selection of fries, and tempting milkshakes.
- Whether you opt for beef, crispy fried chicken, grilled chicken, or a vegan option, you’re bound to find the perfect burger at Smashburger. Enjoy with fries, haystack onions, fried pickles, mac and cheese bites or tater tots, along with a hand-spun milkshake.
- Try one of Bath’s newest restaurants, The Coconut Tree. Bringing Sri Lankan street food to the city, pick up a few of their tasty small plates and experience an explosion of flavours.
- Order an appe-Thai-sing click and collect lunch from Giggling Squid. Choose from curries, stir fries and noodle dishes, with meat, fish and vegan options providing something for everyone.
- Pick up tasty flame-grilled Latin American dishes from Las Iguanas. Click and collect, order over the phone or pop by to grab your takeaway and enjoy 20% off.
- Tuck into an authentic Mexican burrito at Mission Burrito. Simply choose your dish, filling, extras and salsas to build your ideal burrito.
- Order from Nando’s in Brunel Square or Kingsmead Leisure Complex for their famous Portuguese-African dishes, including their signature flame-grilled peri-peri chicken.
- The family-run Peking Restaurant is the longest-established Chinese restaurant in Bath. The ingredients in their authentic Chinese dishes are always fresh and, where possible, locally sourced.
- Click and collect a delicious lunch from Thai Balcony, and enjoy 20% off when you place an order over £25. Enjoy an assortment of Thai options, including their speciality spicy duck, volcano prawn, and sizzling seafood tom yum.
- Enjoy authentic Thai street food from Thaikhun in SouthGate. Opt for a selection of small plates, a delicious Thai curry, or a stir fry.
- For Caribbean-inspired fare, head to Turtle Bay. Order online to pick up dishes including jerk chicken, curry goat, and Caribbean curry katsu.
- For tasty Japanese flavours, pre-order a tasty Wagamama lunch. Wagamama’s delicious options include teppanyaki, ramen, curry and donburi.
- For a great value Thai lunch, head to Yum Yum Thai in Kingsmead Square. Their Quick Thai… mmm lunch specials include green curry, sweet and sour chicken, and a selection of stir fries, each served with rice for just £9.95.
- For great value baguettes pastries and cakes, make for independent sandwich shop La Baguette in Stall Street.
- Grab mouth-watering bagels and great coffee at The Whole Bagel in Upper Borough Walls. Choose from six different bagel flavours and an assortment of delicious fillings, or opt for a fresh salad.
- Grab an award-winning traditional fish and chip lunch at Seafoods Fish & Chips in Kingsmead Square. A firm favourite with visitors and locals alike, Seafoods has been serving fish and chips since 1935.
- Head to Cornish Bakehouse, which you will find in The Corridor and Lower Borough Walls, for a delicious range of Cornish pasties, baguettes, sandwiches, paninis, baked potatoes and wraps.
- The award-winning Cornish Bakery offers tasty Cornish pasties, beautifully buttery French pastries, hand-roasted coffee and speciality breads.
- You will find Caffé Nero outlets in SouthGate and Old Bond Street. If you’re short on time, you can order ahead via the Caffé Nero app.
- Stop by Costa Coffee in Southgate Street or Stall Street for their wide selection of drinks, cakes and light lunches.
- Pop into Greggs in Westgate Street or Southgate Street for sandwiches, pastas, and their popular bakes.
- For a finger lickin’ good lunch, make for KFC in Lower Borough Walls.
- Head to McDonald’s in Southgate Street to grab a burgers, wrap or salad.
- Grab a tasty lunch on the go at Pret A Manger in Stall Street or SouthGate. If you enjoy a daily cup of coffee, you can sign up to their new Coffee Subscription, offering endless coffees, teas, frappes, hot chocolates and more for just £20 per month.
- Grab a quick lunch and a great cup of coffee at Starbucks in Avon Street.
- Choose your ideal sandwich filling at Subway in Westgate Street or Southgate Street.
- Bath also has an assortment of high street stores to grab a quick bite from, including Boots, Sainsbury’s, Marks & Spencer, Tesco Express, and Waitrose.